The National Museum of African American History and Culture
The National Museum of African American History and Culture is large, and you will not have time to visit all of the museum’s exhibits during the Welcome Reception. If you are interested in spending more time at the museum on Thursday, August 1, you have two possible options: trying to get a “Same-Day Online Pass” or getting a Walk-Up entry ticket.
Same-Day Online Passes will be released at 6:30 AM on Thursday morning on the museum’s website. If there are passes available that day, you will be allowed to choose a pass for a specific time on Thursday, and you can use that pass to enter the museum through the passholders line at or after the time listed on the pass. Please note that same-day passes are not available via telephone, they are only available online. If you miss the 6:30 AM release, additional passes are available beginning at 9:30 AM and every half hour after that until they run out.
Alternatively, Walk-Up entry is first come, first serve, beginning at 1:00 PM. With this option, all passholders will be allowed into the museum first, then remaining spaces will be given to people in the Walk-Up entry line. This does not mean you will not get into the museum; it just means you may spend more time than anticipated standing in line.
Directions: Taxis and rideshares such as Uber, Lyft, and Via are available from the lobby of the Omni Shoreham Hotel to the National Museum of African American History and Culture; rides will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes depending on traffic. Public transportation is also available, please see below.
Red Metro Line: This route will require about 0.8 mi of walking and takes about 25 minutes.
- Depart the Omni Shoreham Hotel, heading east toward Calvert St NW
- Take a slight left toward Calvert St NW
- Turn right onto Calvert St NW
- Turn left toward 24 St NW
- Turn left onto 24th St NW
- Turn right to enter the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Metro Station
- Take the Red Line train heading toward Glenmont
- Get off the train at Metro Center Station (3 stops)
- Look for signs pointing to the 13th and G St exit. Head south on 13th St NW toward F St NW.
- Head south on 13th St NW until Constitution Ave NW.
- Turn right onto Constitution Ave NW, heading toward 14th St NW. You should see the Museum on the Washington Monument side of the street.